How was your Christmas day beauties? Today we're talking (well thinking and writing) about veneers. This is not a skincare / makeup topic but it falls under beauty, right?
There's been a rise of people getting veneers lately and tbh it looks pretty good. You can't deny that white pearly chompers help improve your overall look.
What are dental veneers? custom made shells to cover the front of your teeth to improve your appearance. There are different types of veneers, so make sure you do your research before going.
Why would you want to get veneers?
- Improve appearance of having a perfect set of chompers
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Stained teeth from coffee, tea, cigarettes etc
- Misaligned teeth or teeth that are irregular shaped
- Teeth gaps
Tip: you don’t have to get ALL of your teeth veneered, instead you can choose the ones you want to fix.
The not so good:
- the dentist will need to remove enamel from the surface of your teeth (this is generally not seen as such a big problem unless you have thin enamel)
- there is some down time after
- they last between 10-20 years depending on the individual
- your teeth can still decay under your veneers
This is a pretty permanent-ish procedure, so definitely find someone reputable and someone you can trust to make sure you get this done right! Have you gotten veneers done? Share your experience with us!