It's the talk of the town - Wuhan coronavirus outbreak. Starting in Wuhan, China, it has spread globally, and is a major cause of concern since it is still difficult to predict how it will evolve. While the thought of it may be scary, it is important not to panic but understand what you can do to help everyone stay safe and protected during this time.
The virus is talked about on every media but this over-coverage may sometimes be confusing, especially if it's spiced up with some fake news. The best thing you can do to ensure you are not reading fake news and are getting timely updates is to subscribe to your local government or health authority updates and follow a dedicated page on the virus maintained by World Health Organization.
Wuhan Coronavirus Symptoms:
- Sore Throat
- Difficulty breathing
These are similar symptoms to people who are suffering from pneumonia, the common cold and cough. If you are feeling unwell or have slight symptoms, inform your local doctor immediately and wear a surgical mask to avoid spreading.
What can you do for yourself?
- Practice a higher level of hygiene
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water (at least 20 seconds)
- Take your vitamins and keep your immunity up
- Isolate yourself if you are feeling ill
- Keep your homes clean to kill germs
- Cover your mouth when sneezing and coughing
- Avoid contact with people who aren't feeling well
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
In this time of need, we hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. Contribute to your community if you can by donating what may be needed by those affected, but most importantly - practice a higher level of hygiene and precautionary measures to help reduce the spread.