Facials – Do You Really Need Them?
Today we are going to talk about one of the most commonly asked questions. Do you really need facials? And if so, how often?
The truth is, contrary to what some people believe, facials aren’t the cure-all for skin problems. However, facials are all about prevention (we can’t stress this enough!) – and they are the secret weapon for glowing skin.
Here Are the Top 10 Reasons Why You Need Facials:
1. Proper extractions prevent the buildup of blackheads.
2. Increased blood flow to the face, resulting in better drainage.
3. Reduced dirt buildup, leaving your pores looking smaller.
4. Anti-aging benefits (this is important to start early!)
5. Prevention of breakouts for acne-prone skin.
6. Improve the look of dry skin with hydrating facials.
7. Regular facials keep your skin toxin-free from environmental buildup.
8. Reduced appearance of discoloration.
9. Reduction in wrinkles and fine lines.
10. The pure enjoyment from being pampered (let’s be honest – we had to include this).
How Often Should You Get a Facial?
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of facials, the question is, how often do you need them?
While there is no exact timeline for how often you should get a facial, it’s clear that you should treat yourself to one on a regular basis. We suggest getting a facial at least once every season – once a month if you want to reap all of the benefits. And that’s not to say that it must be done in a spa! Set some time aside to give yourself a good at-home facial in between trips to your aesthetician.
Our Easy At-Home DIY Facial Routine
1. Gently remove makeup with a non-irritating facial wipe.
2. Apply your favorite cleanser to your entire face.
3. Open your pores by steaming your face over a bowl of boiling water (keep your face 6 inches away!). Be sure to drape a towel over your head to keep the heat in.
4. Exfoliate the skin with a gentle exfoliant scrub or oil.
5. Apply a deep-cleaning clay mask to remove impurities from the skin.
6. Using a cotton pad, apply a natural, alcohol-free toner all over your face.
7. Apply your favorite treatment – we love vitamin E, Retinol or Niacinamide oil.
8. Finish off with an oil-free moisturizer! Apply eye gel to minimize puffiness.
What’s your favorite spa or DIY facial? We’d love to hear about it below!